Taking a Next Step in Your Call as a Globally Minded Christian
We have had a great Reach Week so far! Let me recap some of the highlights!
Last Friday, Calvary Missionary, Steve Meeker, shared at our Hispanic Ministry Global Dinner and talked about the power of the Gospel, the good news of Jesus Christ. There wasn’t a dry eye in the house, it was such a moving night! Then on Saturday evening at our Reach Week (Sold Out!) Kick-off Dinner, Jacqueline Celum told us about the amazing tools available for sharing the Jesus Film and we donated $2,000+ dollars that night to fund the sending of a satellite feed of the film to a Muslim country. Last Sunday, Brian Smith shared one of the most powerful Missions messages that I have ever heard! (Listen or watch it here)
We also had over 18 LifeGroups host Calvary Missionaries at the 11:00am LifeGroup hour. Sunday evening, Ron Rogalski and team brought the story of Corrie Ten Boom to life in the outstanding production of “Timeless: The Corrie Ten Boom Story.” Then Monday thru Wednesday, our Church Pastoral staff and Missionaries spent a few days together on a rainy retreat, praying and encouraging one another. Wednesday Night was our Global Family Fun Night featuring a Missionary Bingo game and Family Missions Guide, and our Middle School and High School Students heard about Refugees through our Seeking Refuge program.
It has been a wonderful week and we still have 3 more days of events:
- Thursday Night: Seeking Refuge (Free Taco Dinner at 6:00pm; Program at 7:00pm – Worship Center Lobby)
- Saturday Morning: Global Brunch at 9:30am for Men (Picnic Tables by the Field) and Women (Fellowship Hall), featuring updates and stories from our Calvary Missionaries
- Sunday Morning: Reach Week Closing Sunday, with Guest Speaker, Calvary Missionary, John Clark
Last Saturday at the Reach Week Kick-off Dinner, we also awarded the first-ever Calvary Church Global Reach Volunteer of the Year award and it went to Aldyce Pace, a long-time member of Calvary Church and a person who is passionate about supporting and encouraging Calvary Missionary partners. I interviewed Aldyce last Saturday night and asked her, “What would your advice be for someone who wants to get more involved in supporting and encouraging Missionaries?”
Here is what Aldyce shared:
- Receive the weekly 10:02 Prayer for Missionaries email, and pray! (email to get on our weekly email list)
- Choose one missionary family that you will become familiar with - pray for them. (Use our Missionary Prayer Book for ways to pray) Write to them, send a birthday card, anniversary card, etc. (Check out the Reach Global Missionary Contact Info for addresses, etc.)
- Read a book written about a missionary that tells their story to get more of a world view. Many of our missionaries have written exciting books about their experiences. Just two Examples: Vic Olsen wrote about being a doctor in Bangladash! Amy West ministers with Jo Shetler who wrote about her adventure serving in the Philippines: And the Word Came With Power. And, of course. there are many more.
- Women: come to Women With A Mission. Meet our wonderful missionary women personally and then stay to pray for them and other missionaries. (2nd Tuesday of every month in the Fireside Room at 9am or 7pm)
- Invite a missionary to lunch or dinner, or just out for coffee. Show them how much you appreciate their commitment! Let them share their stories.
- Give generously! Support financially our missions fund! Missionaries need our financial support. (Matthew6:21)
- Take a big step: Go on a missions trip - God will use you. You will be a blessing and you will be blessed. It will change your life!
Thanks Aldyce for these great suggestions and thank you Calvary family for the way you have come alongside our wonderful Missionaries during Reach Week 2023. I hope to see you tonight, Saturday and Sunday morning!
Until all have heard,