Installation Service | Vision & Blessing
I’m deeply honored, I’m truly grateful and I’m incredibly excited to be your pastor - to walk with you through the mountains and valleys of life and guide us as we keep our eyes fixed firmly on Jesus. God is calling us as a Church family to carry out His mission for our homes, for our neighborhoods and for the nations.
I imagine a church , I imagine a Calvary Church…
- Where hope conquers doubt
- Where joy invades our pain
- Where the Word of God determines every decision
- Where people experience the warmth of family
- Where healing comes, inside and out, through the work of God’s Spirit and everything we do is empowered by the Holy Spirit
- Where leaders are developed from within and sent out to make real impact both here and around the world
- Where deep rest comes from Sabbath time with God our Father who holds us in his arms
- Where young and old, rich and poor, and every beautiful color of skin sings passionate praise to God side by side with love in our hearts for one another.
- Where Better Together becomes our way of life as the family of God
- Where each one reaches one for Jesus
- Then each one reaches another and another and another
- Until every man, woman and child in Orange County is engaged with the gospel and experiences the hope, joy and love of God that makes all things new.
- Where the good news of Jesus is more important to us than anything else
- I see this church for us but only if we all come together for this mission given to us by God himself that each one reaches one with the good news of Jesus.
We start now.
- You can pray every single day for the Holy Spirit to give you courage, heart, opportunities and words to say.
- You can warmly talk to somebody in this room today that you’ve never met.
- You can be developed as a leader at any life stage.
- You can worship side by side with someone different than you next Sunday.
- You can invite someone to Alpha this Wednesday who would never normally come to church.
- You can reconnect your heart with God’s heart through worship this Thursday
- You can begin to embrace change and take risks for the gospel and believe that God will do a great thing.
So I pray for us:
Lord, send us as workers for the harvest. The harvest is ripe but the workers are few. Send us Lord. Give us courage, heart, opportunities and words to say. Please make us a church that sees this harvest take place through us.
May the Lord bless you and keep you, Make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you, to lift his countenance to you and give you peace.