"Bear one another’s burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ." Galatians 6:2
Calvary Church in now a Stephen Ministry Congregation!
Stephen Ministry congregations equip and empower lay caregivers—called Stephen Ministers—to provide high-quality, confidential, Christ-centered care to people who are hurting.
UPCOMING TRAINING OPPORTUNITY
THURSDAYS 7:00-9:00 PM | W-209
STARTING SEPTEMBER 6
Come receive 20 weekly 2 hour sessions, which combine pre-class reading, devotions, lecture, video presentation, discussion, and skill practice.
Training materials include:
- The Stephen Minister Training Manuals 1 and 2
- Christian Caregiving: a Way of Life
- Speaking the Truth in Love: How to Be an Assertive Christian
- When and How to Use Mental Health Resources:
(Materials require a $25 donation, refundable when a graduate begins serving as a Stephen Minister)
Here is what Stephen Ministers say about the training:
- Stephen Minister training teaches principles and skills that equip you to provide high-quality, Christ-centered emotional and spiritual care to others.
- You gain insight into the thoughts, feelings, and actions of people who are hurting.
- You develop relational and caring skills you can apply to all aspects of your life.
- You deepen your faith as the Holy Spirit fashions you into a Christ-centered caregiver.
- You feel a special bond with those in your class—experiencing real Christian community.
- Stephen Minister training is a lot of fun!
Are you interested in training to become a Stephen Minister? Contact Sheryl Larsen at 714-550-2314 or email her at