Love Santa Ana Initiative
Saturday, February 14 | 7:30 am-12:00 pm
Meet at Willard Intermediate School
1342 N. Ross St.
Santa Ana, CA 92706
Show love to Santa Ana by serving with churches
in our community as help beautify the Willard neighborhood through trash pick-up, gardening, graffiti removal and painting. We will also be helping put on a resource fair with kid's games and activities.
(This is a kid-friendly event, and a great opportunity for them to serve alongside their parents.)
Please wear tennis shoes, work clothes, & your yellow shirt (if you don't have one you can pick yours up the day of the event.) Bring along work gloves and any tools you would like to use (tools will also be provided).
Calvary has formed strategic partnerships with non-profit organizations in our community that meet the 3 C's: they are CLOSE to Calvary, they have CONSISTENT volunteer opportunities that allow for ongoing relationships to be developed, and CHRIST can be shared through their organization. The 18 partnerships listed below line up with these values as we do our part to REACH Orange County and the World for Jesus Christ.
“In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.” – Matthew 5:16
Birth Choice (Orange) www.birthchoiceoc.org
– Pro-life medical center offering medical services pertaining to education and support for family, marriage, sexual and reproductive health, consistent with the inherent value of every human life. To volunteer contact Jennifer at 714.541.5484 x225 or email@example.com
Cabrillo Park Renewal Project (Santa Ana)
– We partner with the City of Santa Ana and the Parks and Recreation Department (www.ci.santa-ana.ca.us/parks) to help keep our Church neighborhood park clean and safe. To volunteer for a park clean-up day, contact Pastor Matt Doan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 714.550.2378.
*Photos from Cabrillo Park Renewal Days Gallery 1 | Gallery 2
*Photos from Easter Egg Outreach’s at Cabrillo Park Gallery 1 | Gallery 2
Capernaum/Young Life (Tustin) www.tustincapernaum.blogspot.com
- Capernaum is part of Young Life, a parachurch organization, which shares the gospel and reaches teenagers with disabilities. Capernaum gives these teenagers opportunities to have fun, try new things, build their self esteem, make new friends, and explore a personal relationship with God through club (regular monthly scheduled meetings), camps (week long in the summer), and other activities (such as karaoke nights and holiday parties). For more info or to volunteer contact Kara Kawanami at email@example.com or 408.489.3635.
Children Giving Gifts (Orange County) www.childrengivinggifts.org
– Dedicated to providing low-income children ages 5-12, a means to ‘shop” and give a gift (free of charge) to a family member during important times of the year. To volunteer at the next event contact Janeen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 949.233.8555.
Giving Children Hope (Orange County) www.gchope.org
- Faith-based nonprofit organization dedicated to alleviating poverty (domestically and abroad) through disaster relief, health and community development, vocational training and advocacy. To volunteer at the GCH where house in Buena Park, Ca or to find out about the latest relief project go to www.gchope.org/volunteer or contact Drew at email@example.com or 714.523.4454.
KidWorks (Santa Ana) www.kidsworksonline.org
– Developing the community of central Santa Ana through after-school tutoring and mentoring programs for youth and families. To volunteer, contact Donia Quon at firstname.lastname@example.org or 714.834.9400 ext.111.
Military Ministry (Orange County)
– Calvary lead ministry supporting members of US Armed forces and their families through the Calvary Church military prayer wall, quarterly prayer meetings and care packages. For more info or to volunteer contact Sheryl at email@example.com
Motel Ministry (Santa Ana)
– A Calvary run ministry serving motels on East 1st St. in Santa Ana. Calvary sends at team to distribute grocery boxes to motel residents the 2nd Saturday of every month. To volunteer, meet at 2111 E. 1ST St. in Santa Ana at 10am on the 2nd Saturday of the month or contact Pastor Matt Doan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 714.550.2378.
OliveCrest (Santa Ana) www.olivecrest.org
– Runs foster, mentor and group home programs that aim to transform the lives of abused, neglected, and at-risk children and their families. To volunteer contact OliveCrest at email@example.com or 714.543.5437.
Operation Love (Orange County)
– Calvary run ministry serving widows, single mom’s and the elderly through on-going home repairs and yard maintence. To volunteer contact Joe France at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Pastor Matt Doan at 714.550.2378.
Orange County Rescue Mission (Orange County) www.rescuemission.org
– The mission of the OC Rescue Mission is to minister the love of Jesus Christ to the Least, the Last, and the Lost of our Community through the provision of assistance in the areas of guidance, counseling, education, job training, shelter, food, clothing, health care and independent living communities. To volunteer contact email@example.com or 714.247.4326.
REACH Orphan (Orange County)
– A Calvary Church ministry focusing on Foster Care, Domestic Adoption, International Adoption and Orphan Care Relief Efforts. Go www.calvarylife.org/reach/reach_openarms for more info or contact Pastor Matt Doan at firstname.lastname@example.org 714.550.2378.
*Shoes for Ethiopa Video
- A Calvary ministry serving men and women who are incarcerated and their families. The signature event of this ministry is our annual Angel Tree Christmas Outreach where our Church donates 200 gifts to children of prisoners.
For more info contact Marlene Eckert at email@example.com
Release Time Christian Education (Anaheim) www.anaheimrt.org
– Serves public elementary school students in Anaheim through 30 minute in-school Bible Studies. For volunteer opportunities contact Candy Kenney at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 714.836.4776.
Safe Families (Orange County) www.safe-families.org
– Providing Biblical Hospitality to Orange County families in crisis. Safe Families provide temporary homes to children (0-18) for 1 to 40 days during a family crisis. To become a Safe Family or for more info contact Contact Renee Franks at email@example.com or at 1.800.550.CHILD (2445), ext. 1234.
The Sheepfold (Orange) www.thesheepfold.org
– Provides shelter, refuge and a new beginning for abused women and their children. To volunteer at the Sheepfold thrift store in Orange or to find out about current volunteer opportunities go to www.thesheepfold.org/volunteers or contact DeAnne at DeAnne@thesheepfold.org or 714.237.1444.
Young Life (Tustin) www.CentralOC.younglife.org
- Reaches out to un-churched adolescents by entering into their world through attending school events, games, school campuses etc. Young Life is committed to introducing adolescents to Jesus Christ and helping them grow in their faith. You can get involved by opening up your home for weekly club, sponsoring students to winter and summer camp or by joining the volunteer leadership team. Contact Kristy Fox, Tustin Young Life area director at 714.412.9826 for more info.
There are also several key ongoing ministries and special outreach events throughout the year that serve as bridge-building opportunities for people at Calvary to invite their friends, family, coworkers and neighbors to church:
Vacation Bible School (1st - 6th grade)
This is a week of adventure and exitement during the summer where kids can bring their friends to hear about Jesus. Each day kids will be part of fun Bible learning, and it's absolutely free! Find out more...
Light the Night
This is a fun and safe alternative to "trick or treating" on October 31. Activities include: Carnival game booths and rides, cakewalk, large inflatable games, live entertainment, puppet show and a special carnival area just for preschoolers. There is lots of candy for the kids and the public is invited. This is event is free!
Find out more...
The annual Christmas outreach production is a dramatic musical with many opportunities to use gifts in acting, dance and singing. To find out more about Calvary's Drama Ministry or how you can be a part of this fantastic outreach, contact Linda Paszkiewicz at 714.550.2301. firstname.lastname@example.org
Athletics is a ministry "beyond the sanctuary" to break down social barriers and build stronger Christ-centered relationships by providing opportunities for fellowship, outreach and service. Athletics is a common denominator that bridges across ethnic, language, cultural and economic barriers. This attribute makes athletics an ideal vehicle for reaching people for Christ who would not resist other means. Find out more...