Missionary Prayer Partners
Calvary Church Missions desires to provide for each missionary Prayer Partners from within our own church family. You choose the missionary and develop a more intimate relationship in your own way: group socials, projects, and prayer or individual prayer.
For more information, contact Karen Ottoson, Missionary Care & Prayer Chairman at 714-771-0450.
In addition, each of Calvary's LAF groups are assigned missionaries that they pray for on a regular basis. The missionaries are encouraged to meet with their LAF groups when they are in town.
How to Pray for Missionaries
Their relationship with God
1. They would know Christ better. (Eph. 1:17)
2. They would be able to worship God. (1 Cor. 10:31)
3. Their perception of God would not be colored by their circumstances.: (Is. 26:3,4; 40:29-31; 41:10, 13; Ps. 34; 37:1-7; 91:1-2, 14-16)
1. That the spiritual blindness would be removed from the people with whom they are working. (2 Cor. 4:4)
2. They would have clarity in preaching the Gospel.
3. That Satan would not steal the good seed. (Matt 13:19)
4. They would know how to divide their time (between reaching and working with the masses, preparation of sermons or programs and working one on one with a few key people).
5. That the new believers would be "Timothy's". (2 Tim 2:2)
6. The development of national leadership and vision so that the people can reach their people with the Gospel.
7. They would know how their role should change in order to reach a country for Christ.
8. They would be culturally sensitive. (1 Cor. 9:22;
Their Spiritual Well-Being
1. They would stand firm in the armor of God. (Eph 6:10-18)
2. They would take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ. (2 Cor. 10:5; Phil. 4:8)
3. They would be humble. (Phil. 2:3-8)
4. They would be honest. (1 John 1:4-10)
5. They would have confidence in God. (1 John 5:14-15)
6. They would experience and be controlled by the peace of God. (Phil 4:6-8)
7. They would have the joy of the Lord. (Phil. 4:4)
8. They would have unconditional love for all people.
(1 Cor. 13:4-8A)
9. They would be content. (Phil. 4:11-13; 1 Tim. 6:6-8)
10. That God would supply all their needs. (Phil. 4:19)
When we pray
Having experienced and known the grace, love, holiness, forgiveness and power of our God and Savior, let's not focus on ourselves but on Him. As we reflect each day on who our God is, let's pray for ourselves and others in light of these scriptural principles....
1. Pray that we will maintain a pure heart, good conscience and sincere faith. (1 Tim. 1:5)
2. Pray that we will guard and manage our marriage and family well. (1 Tim. 3:2-5)
3. Pray that we will train ourselves to be godly. (1 Tim. 4:7)
4. Pray that we will be an example in our speech, life, faith and purity. (1 Tim. 4:12)
5. Pray that we will be devoted to the reading, preaching and teaching of scripture. (1 Tim. 4:13)
6. Pray that we will be faithful stewards of our God-given gifts. (1Tim 4:14).
7. Pray that we will watch closely our lives and doctrine.
(1 Tim 4:16).
8. Pray that we will relate properly to younger and older women and men. (1 Tim. 5:1-16).
9. Pray that we will be impartial and not show favoritism.
(1 Tim 5:21).
10. Pray that we will keep ourselves pure. (1 Tim. 5:22).
11. Pray that we will are for ourselves physically, as well as spiritually. (1 Tim. 5:23).
12. Pray that we will be content with what God has given us. (1 Tim 6:6-10).
13. Pray that we will strive after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness. (1 Tim. 6:11).
14. Pray that we will fight the good fight of faith.
(1 Tim. 6:12).
15. Pray that we will guard what God has entrusted in our care. (1Tim.6:20).
16. Pray that we will not be ashamed to testify about our Lord. (2 Tim 1:8)
17. Pray that we will strengthen ourselves in the grace of our Lord Jesus. (2 Tim. 2:1).
18. Pray that we will be able to disciple other men.
(2 Tim. 2:2)
19. Pray that we will endure hardship like good soldiers of Christ Jesus. (2 Tim. 2:3)
20. Pray that we will do our best to handle correctly the word of truth. (2 Tim. 2:15).
21. Pray that we will avoid godless chatter. (2 Tim. 2:16)
22. Pray that we will flee evil desires of youth. (2 Tim. 2:22).
23. Pray that we will have nothing to do with foolish and stupid arguments. (2 Tim. 2:23)
24. Pray that we will not be quarrelsome or resentful but gently teach those in opposition. (2 Tim. 2:24-26.)
25. Pray that we will continue in what we have learned and become convinced of. (2 Tim 3:14).
26. Pray that we will never undermine the sufficiency of God's holy Word. (2 Tim. 3:16).
27. Pray that we will always preach the Word. (2 Tim. 4:2)
28. Pray that we will carefully correct, rebuke and encourage with great patience. (2 Tim 4:2).
29. Pray that we will keep our head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist and discharge all the duties of our ministries. (2 Tim. 4:5).
30. Pray that one day we will be able to say, "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. (2 Tim. 4:7).