You are invited to come experience Sunday mornings at Calvary! We currently have services available indoors, outdoors, and online. Read below for all the details of what to expect (updated June 9, 2021):
What are the different options available for participating on Sundays?
- We invite all of you to join us to worship in-person, either indoors or outdoors. We will still have online services available and they are a great alternative when we are unable to meet in person, but there’s just something special about singing, learning and connecting with our fellow believers.
- Recent drops in case and positivity rates, much lower hospitalizations, increasing amounts of vaccinations, Supreme Court rulings, updated state guidelines, prayer, wise counsel, and the wisdom of our Elder Board have led to us making the decision to regather indoors at Calvary. We have options for everyone to participate together.
- We care about all of you and we understand that there still are different perspectives. We think masks and social distancing can help, especially indoors. We will continue to provide online live streams of our worship services as well as seating on the patio outside. We also think that you can make decisions that are best for you as an active member of our congregation regarding masks and social distancing, sitting indoors or outdoors, or participating online.
What time will the services begin?
- English service will be at 9:00 am - featuring in-person music and teaching in the Worship Center. Outdoor seating in the Courtyard via video. The service will be streamed for watching online at CalvaryLife.org/LIVE
- ASL will be offered at 9:00 am - Join our Deaf Ministry in the front-right seat of the Worship Center or watch online - Calvarylife.org/ASL
- Spanish service will be at 11:00 am - indoors in Samsvick Chapel with socially-distanced seating and live streamed - CalvaryLife.org/Hispano
What precautions will be in place as we regather?
- Self-screening for personal health will be requested of all who attend. If you have COVID symptoms, have been around someone with COVID, or are more susceptible to COVID, we ask you to please participate in worship service via livestream from home. We expect everyone to take personal responsibility for their health. Temperatures will not be taken.
- Family Ministries: Because different age levels require different approaches, we have made some distinctions between youth and children. As always, our heart is to create safe and sacred environments for your children to experience God’s presence and connect in community.
Middle School and High School
When inside, we think masks and social distancing can help. We trust parents to talk with their students about mask wearing and social distancing and make the best decisions for their students and family. While we encourage mask-wearing, the choice is up to you.
Kids (through 5th Grade)
When inside, masks are requested of volunteers and children. We request volunteers to wear masks while serving to model this behavior for children. If a mask is removed, we will not require it be put back on. However, if a parent requests their own child not remove their mask indoors, we will work hard to honor their request and remind the child to put their mask on. Please let us know when checking in your child. We will continue to wash hands and sanitize often. With these changes, it is important to remember to stay home if they are showing any symptoms of sickness or have been exposed to someone who is sick.
- A contactless experience is available by downloading each week’s sermon notes and song lyrics via the Church Center App. QR codes on campus are also available to bring these pdfs to your device. You can also give online at CalvaryLife.org/Give.
- Hand sanitizer will be available around campus and at entrances and exits.
- Many of the bathrooms have been updated with automatic faucets, towel, and soap dispensers.
Will live streaming still be available?
- Yes. Live streaming of English services be available on Facebook, Youtube, and on our website at CalvaryLife.org/Live. Spanish service information is available at CalvaryLife.org/Hispano
What is available for my children?
- We are so excited to have kids on campus each Sunday. We are now able to provide programs for all ages - birth through 5th Grade as part of our Kid's Ministries! Masks are recommended for everyone 2 years old and up. We can't wait to see you!
- When inside, masks are requested of volunteers and children. We request volunteers to wear masks while serving to model this behavior for children. If a mask is removed, we will not require it be put back on. However, if a parent requests their own child not remove their mask indoors, we will work hard to honor their request and remind the child to put their mask on. Please let us know when checking in your child. We will continue to wash hands and sanitize often. With these changes, it is important to remember to stay home if they are showing any symptoms of sickness or have been exposed to someone who is sick.
- You are also welcome to worship together on-campus with your children. Families can bring their children’s activities and snacks to enjoy while worshiping together outside on the patio or inside the Worship Center auditorium.
What is available for my middle schooler/high schooler?
- The Student Ministry Team can’t wait to welcome students each Sunday on the Field at Calvary!
- When inside, we think masks and social distancing can help. We trust parents to talk with their students about mask wearing and social distancing and make the best decisions for their students and family. While we encourage mask-wearing, the choice is up to you.
- Middle School will meet at 11:00am at the Calvary Field and then meet in the Underground Blue Line - CalvaryLife.org/thespot
- High School will meet at 11:00am in the Underground Yellow Line - CalvaryLife.org/hsm
How can I help?
- Regathering in this season requires all hands on deck. We are more than an audience and invite you to participate with us as we welcome our church family each week. There are a variety of ways you can join a team and serve, especially with our Connections Team.
- Take a next step today and let us know you’re interested in getting involved by filling out our online Connection Card at CalvaryLife.org/Card
When can I meet with my LifeGroup?
- Since March 2020, Adult LifeGroups have continued to meet and new LifeGroups have begun online and in homes.
- Our staff is actively working on ways to bring Adult LifeGroups back on campus Sunday mornings soon. Please be patient and prayerful as we continue to adapt to ever-changing circumstances.
- Some Adult LifeGroups are beginning to meet on campus Sunday mornings. There are also groups meeting online, as well as smaller off-campus groups meeting in-person. Browse groups to join, or consider helping to start a new group by filling out the Leader Interest Form at CalvaryLife.org/Groups
How can I pray for Calvary and it’s leadership?
- Please pray for Calvary Church as we seek to be a church family being changed by the gospel to love like Jesus across all cultures and generations.
- Pray for the sustained health of our family members.
- Pray for our staff and volunteer leaders as they serve others each week.
- Pray each day at 10:02 the request of Jesus in Luke 10:2 and remember to lift up our missionaries impacted by this global pandemic.
- Pray for wisdom and discernment as we pivot and adapt with new guidance and information.
- Pray that as a church family, we would be united as one and display the love of God to those around us (John 17:23).
Like so many of you, we are adjusting to this situation each day and further changes come quickly. We will do everything we can to keep you informed of any changes to this information.