You are invited to come experience Sunday mornings at Calvary! We currently have services available indoors, outdoors, and online. Read below for all the details of what to expect (updated March 4, 2021):
What are the different options available for participating on Sundays?
- We invite all of you to join us to worship in-person, either indoors or outdoors. We will still have online services available and they are a great alternative when we are unable to meet in person, but there’s just something special about singing, learning and connecting with our fellow believers.
- Recent drops in case and positivity rates, much lower hospitalizations, increasing amounts of vaccinations, Supreme Court rulings, updated state guidelines, prayer, wise counsel, and the wisdom of our Elder Board have led to us making the decision to regather indoors at Calvary. We have options for everyone to participate together.
- For those of us who are concerned, or more vulnerable and interested in staying clear of the coronavirus we're essentially expanding the options. We are all in this together so there are ways each of us will have opportunities to serve and sacrifice for the good of our church family. We're taking special care of our community in offering additional ways to worship:
+ Safe - Indoor with social distancing and as we take the first steps to regathering, we request you wear masks for entry, exit and singing
+ Safer - Outdoor with social distancing
+ Safest - Live Stream at home or in your LifeGroup
What time will the services begin?
- English service will be at 9:00 am - featuring in-person music and teaching indoors with socially-distanced seating. Outdoor seating in the Courtyard via video. The service will be streamed for watching online at CalvaryLife.org/LIVE
- ASL will be offered at 9:00 am - Join our Deaf Ministry in the front-right seat of the Worship Center or watch online - Calvarylife.org/ASL
- Spanish service will be at 11:00 am - indoors in Samsvick Chapel with socially-distanced seating and live streamed - CalvaryLife.org/Hispano
What precautions will be in place as we regather?
- Self-screening for personal health will be requested of all who attend. If you have COVID symptoms, have been around someone with COVID, or are more susceptible to COVID, we ask you to please participate in worship service via livestream from home. We expect everyone to take personal responsibility for their health. Temperatures will not be taken.
- Masks are requested for all those aged two and older when entering, exiting, and during singing. Masks are not needed when seated outdoors during the worship service and socially distanced from other households.
- A contactless experience is available by downloading each week’s sermon notes and song lyrics via the Church Center App. QR codes on campus are also available to bring these pdfs to your device. You can also give online at CalvaryLife.org/Give.
- Hand sanitizer will be available around campus and at entrances and exits.
- Many of the bathrooms have been updated with automatic faucets, towel, and soap dispensers.
- High touch areas will be disinfected throughout the morning.
Will live streaming still be available?
- Yes. Live streaming of English services be available on Facebook, Youtube, and on our website at CalvaryLife.org/Live. Spanish service information is available at CalvaryLife.org/Hispano
What is available for my children?
- We are so excited to have kids on campus each Sunday. At this time we are not able to accommodate children 12 months old and younger. Masks are required for everyone 2 years old and up. We can't wait to see you!
- You are also welcome to worship together on-campus with your children. Families can bring their children’s activities and snacks to enjoy while worshiping together outside on the patio or inside the Worship Center auditorium.
- We want to come alongside to equip, support and inspire families. Each Sunday we have an easy-to-use guide from TRU that will help you and your kids discuss each Sunday's topic and grow spiritually as you follow Jesus together. Find weekly resources at CalvaryLife.org/Kids
What is available for my middle schooler/high schooler?
- The Student Ministry Team can’t wait to welcome students each Sunday on the Field at Calvary!
- Middle School will meet at 11:00am at the Calvary Field and then meet in the Underground Blue Line - CalvaryLife.org/thespot
- High School will meet at 11:00am in the Underground Yellow Line - CalvaryLife.org/hsm
- Masks are required. All other precautions previously stated will also apply in the Student Ministries environments.
How can I help?
- Regathering in this season requires all hands on deck. We are more than an audience and invite you to participate with us as we welcome our church family each week. There are a variety of ways you can join a team and serve, especially with our Connections Team.
- Take a next step today and let us know you’re interested in getting involved by filling out our online Connection Card at CalvaryLife.org/Card
When can I meet with my LifeGroup?
- Since March 2020, Adult LifeGroups have continued to meet and new LifeGroups have begun online and in homes.
- Our staff is actively working on ways to bring Adult LifeGroups back on campus Sunday mornings soon. Please be patient and prayerful as we continue to adapt to ever-changing circumstances.
- Some Adult LifeGroups are beginning to meet on campus Sunday mornings. There are also groups meeting online, as well as smaller off-campus groups meeting in-person. Browse groups to join, or consider helping to start a new group by filling out the Leader Interest Form at CalvaryLife.org/Groups
How should I respond if someone around me is not wearing a mask?
- We hope that everyone will wear masks and follow the precautions laid out. However, if you see someone who is not wearing a mask, please show them love and grace. It is likely that they are exempt because they are:
- A person under 2 years old,
- A person with a medical condition, mental health condition, or disability that prevents them from wearing a mask
- A person who is hearing impaired or communicating with someone hearing impaired where the ability to see one’s mouth is essential to communication, or
- A person who is seated and enjoying our outdoor worship service venue.
How can I pray for Calvary and it’s leadership?
- Please pray for Calvary Church as we seek to be a church family being changed by the gospel to love like Jesus across all cultures and generations.
- Pray for the sustained health of our family members.
- Pray for our staff and volunteer leaders as they serve others each week.
- Pray each day at 10:02 the request of Jesus in Luke 10:2 and remember to lift up our missionaries impacted by this global pandemic.
- Pray for wisdom and discernment as we pivot and adapt with new guidance and information.
- Pray that as a church family, we would be united as one and display the love of God to those around us (John 17:23).
Like so many of you, we are adjusting to this situation each day and further changes come quickly. We will do everything we can to keep you informed of any changes to this information.