WORSHIP: I daily spend time in awe of who God is and what He is doing in my life.
- LISTEN: Enjoy the CalvaryLife podcast Healthy Worship with Justin Unger as Pastor Eric Wakeling and Justin talk about worship.
- JOURNAL: Read Psalm 145 for the five days in a row. Spend time each day paraphrasing this psalm in your own words.
- CREATE: Make a playlist of the worship music that moves your heart. Listen to this playlist each day while you clean, cook, drive or exercise. Use this music as a catalyst to spend time in awe of God.
- REFLECT: Using the Breathe Devotional from our Calvary Creative Team, spend time in awe of God for 21 days in a row.
- EXPLORE: Listen through the Breathe Sermon Series, three message on worship, by our Calvary teaching team. Download the attached outline and work through the Digging Deeper after each message.
PRAYER: I daily spend time in prayer with God, alone or with others.
- PRAYER WALK: Pray as you walk around your neighborhood. Praise God for who He is, confess sin, and then pray aloud for the things that are on your heart. Pray too for opportunities to share the love of Jesus with your neighbors.
- INVITE: Find a friend to pray with you each day. Connect for 5-10 minutes each day and pray for one another.
- CHOW: Pray together with the Calvary family at 10:02 each day. Based on Luke 10:2, pray that God would send workers into the world to share the gospel and send each of us in our world to do the same. Pray for courage to be bold, a heart for the lost, opportunities to share the good news and words to say.
- JOURNAL: Write out your prayers in a journal.
- STUDY: Right Now Media’s great resource: Before Amen by Max Lucado offers four short talks about prayer that will enhance your next conversation with God.
BIBLE STUDY: I daily read God’s Word to know Him, His truth, and learn how to live.
- DIG DEEPER: Use the Digging Deeper tool attached to the weekly sermon outline to dive into the topic/passages taught each Sunday.
- JOIN: Connect in one of the many LifeGroups meeting now. Look for one specifically that is studying a portion of Scripture that is interesting to you. Invite another person in the LifeGroup to hold you accountable to the goal you set for yourself to grow in this area.
- LEARN: Right Now Media is a great free resource to learn how to study the Bible. Check out hundreds of studies and free study guides to help you grow in your knowledge of Him as you apply God’s Word to your life. Also, The Bible Project’s How to Read the Bible video teaching series.
- READ: How to Read the Bible for All It’s Worth by Gordon D. Fee and Douglas Stuart
EVANGELISM: In the past year, I have engaged in spiritual conversations with family, friends or neighbors who don’t know much about God.
45% of respondents indicated that this statement was “somewhat true” to “not at all true…” of them.
- WATCH: Choose an I FOUND THE TRUTH video to watch. Listen to that person’s story of finding Jesus. Consider how God might want to use you to help others find the truth.
- PRAY: Join with the Calvary family in praying together at 10:02 each day. Based on Luke 10:2, we pray that God would send workers into the world to share the gospel and send us in our world to do the same. We pray for courage to be bold, a heart for the lost, opportunities to share the good news and the words to say. CHOW! Set your alarm on your phone and join with us from wherever you are.
- JOURNAL: Spend some time writing about the reasons you don’t have spiritual conversations with others. As you process the underlying reasons, journal about how you can overcome them. Do you need to learn something? Do you need mentoring? Do you need to expand your friend circle?
- PARTICIPATE: Join a LifeGroup or class that offers tools and encouragement to start spiritual conversations. A new group focusing on evangelism is starting early 2021. Check it out here.
- READ: Becoming a Contagious Christian by Lee Strobel and Mark Middleberg or Art of Neighboring by Dave Runyon and Jay Pathak
COMMUNITY: In the past year, I have met consistently (8+ times) with another Christian or group of Christians who know me, support me, pray for me and hold me accountable to live life consistent with the Word of God.
- JOIN: Connect in one of the many LifeGroups meeting now. If you can’t find one that works for you, consider leading one. Email Pastor Robert Carter for help:
- BE DISCIPLED: Learn more about Discipleship at Calvary! Then, pick up a copy of Calvary’s Following Jesus curriculum at the Corner Bookstore and find a friend or mentor with whom to walk through it.
- REACH OUT: Email Pastor Ron Rogalski at
to get connected with a more mature believer with whom you can work through Following Jesus.
- DISCIPLE OTHERS: Women, read through Disciple Her by Kandi Gallaty. Men, read through As Iron Sharpens Iron by Dr. Howard Hendricks and William Hendricks. Then, invite a newer Christian to walk through Calvary’s Following Jesus curriculum and apply the principles learned through these books to your new discipleship relationship.
TITHING: When I get paid, my first priority is to give financially toward the work of God.
- BE INSPIRED: Check out Gospel Patrons to learn more about the impact of generosity on the work of God throughout history. See the testimonies of others on their journey of generosity at Generous Giving.
- CONNECT: Check out Generous Living. Then join Pastor Ray Pertierra for the next Calvary Workshop or seminar providing biblical wisdom about your finances.
- STUDY: Right Now Media’s great resource: The Treasure Principle by Randy Alcorn offers a six week study on the liberating joy of giving and its eternal impact.
- STEP OUT: Consider your current budget. What percentage do you currently give toward kingdom work? How can you build that amount to reach 10%? Pray about stepping out in faith to give 1% more each month for the next ten months as you trust God to provide.
SERVING OTHERS: Each week I give away my time to serve others in my community and/or my church, using my spiritual gifts to meet the needs of others and help them know the love of Jesus.
51% of respondents indicated that this statement was “somewhat true” to “not at all true…” of them.
- PRAY: Talk with God about how He has created you. Ask God to show you how He has gifted you to serve others and build His church.
- CONNECT: Sit down with a trusted Christian friend who has known you for a while. Ask them to provide honest feedback about your strengths, gifts and abilities. Process their feedback as you consider who, how, and where to serve.
- MEMORIZE: Read Mark 10:45 multiple times. For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve and to give his life as a ransom for many. Then, memorize it.
- JOURNAL: Put pen to paper. When have you experienced the most joy serving others? What were you doing? What opportunities to serve are interesting to you?
- LEARN: Research different opportunities to serve others. They are everywhere! Check out all the things Calvary is doing throughout the week. Reach out to talk with a pastor about an area of ministry that interests you. See how you might be able to serve in this area for a season. Serve on a team or apply to lead in one of the ongoing ministries at Calvary.
SABBATH: Each week I set aside time to stop working and rest in the presence of Jesus.
- DOWNLOAD: Check out these two apps that encourage you to rest in the presence of God: Dwell and Abide
- LEARN: Right Now Media's great resource: 24/6 by Matthew Sleeth offers a four session teaching series to help you live a healthier, more God-centered life in this digitally dazed, always-on world.
- LISTEN: Download Calvary’s teaching series on Rest. Then use sermon outlines and Digging Deeper attached to each message to apply what you hear.
- PRACTICE: Plan to set aside time this week to practice resting in the presence of Jesus. Go to a park. Take a walk at the beach. Hike a trail nearby. Focus on Jesus as you step away from the busy, distracting world that is stealing your attention away from the One who deserves it most.